"$25,000 Island Adventure" Instant Win Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Kauai Coffee "$25,000 Island Adventure" Instant Win Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Proof of residency and age may be required. Employees, officers, board managers and directors of Kauai Coffee Company, LLC, Spotlight Marketing, and of their, divisions, affiliate entities, and advertising or promotional agencies or individuals involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes, and the immediate family members and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, stepparents, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months (consecutive or non-consecutive) a year, whether related or not. In order to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, you must fully comply with these Official Rules and, by entering, you represent and warrant that you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor and Administrator : Sponsor: Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA, Inc., 1200 Court Street, Portsmouth, VA 23704.
Administrator: Spotlight Marketing, P. O. Box 933, Southport, CT 06890.
- Timing: Sweepstakes begins July 15, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time and ends December 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time ("Sweepstakes Entry Period"). Administrator is the official time keeper of the Sweepstakes.
- How to Play: Look for the Official Game Piece printed on the inside package flap of specially-marked packages of Kauai Coffee Single Serve Coffee for a winning game message. If your specially-marked package contains a "Winner" game piece message, then you are a winner – subject to verification. If your specially-marked package does not contain a "Winner" game piece message you did not win a prize. You may also request a free game piece and a copy of these Official Rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope, while supplies last, to the Administrator at the following address: Kauai Coffee "$25,000 Island Adventure" Free Game Piece Request, P. O. Box 933, Southport, CT 06890. VT residents may omit return postage. Requests for free game piece must be postmarked on or before December 10, 2016 and received by the Administrator on or before December 15, 2016. Limit one (1) free game piece request per outer stamped mailing envelope. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged, postage due or mutilated mail. Odds of having a prize "Winner" notification are 1:80,000.
- Claims: If your game piece says: "Winner" you must mail your game piece, together with a 3" X 5" paper on which you have printed your complete name, address (including zip code) and daytime phone number, in a stamped envelope to the Administrator at the following address: Kauai Coffee "$25,000 Island Adventure" Game, P. O. Box 933, Southport, CT 06890. Prize claims must be received by the Administrator on or before the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. All prize claims submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Any prize claim or game piece received that is tampered with, illegible, mutilated, reproduced, contains printing errors, obtained where prohibited or not obtained legitimately will be null and void. No responsibility is assumed for printing, distribution or production errors or lost, late, postage due or misdirected mail. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. No mechanically reproduced winning claims may be accepted. Prize winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit (as defined hereinafter), where permitted. Failure to comply with any such requirement when requested will result in disqualification.
Prize claims are subject to verification by an independent judging organization. Please allow 4 – 6 weeks for verification and notification. If by reason of printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number of available prizes as set forth in these Official Rules, all persons whose prize claims have been verified will be included in a random drawing to award the prizes. No more than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. If a specially-marked package does not contain a winning game piece or a free game piece does not say “Winner”, you are not eligible for a prize. Liability of the Sponsor and Administrator for a game piece containing printing or other errors is limited to replacement with another game piece, while supplies last.
- POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR IN ADDITION TO THE VERIFICATION BY AN INDEPENDENT JUDGING ORGANIZATION. SPONSOR’S AND ADMINISTRATOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE ADMINISTRATION, OPERATION, SELECTION OF THE WINNERS AND OTHER MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES.
- Verification of Potential Winners:Potential winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) (collectively, the “Affidavit”) by the date specified by Sponsor, or an alternate potential winner may be selected. In the event: (a) a potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted or the potential winner notification is returned as undeliverable, (b) a potential winner declines or cannot accept, receive or use the prize for any reason, (c) of noncompliance with any of the aforesaid time periods, (d) a potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, (e) a potential winner cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or (f) a potential winner fails for any reason to fulfill the Affidavit -related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification and Affidavit procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate potential winner, if any.
- Prizes:Five (5) prizes will be awarded. Each prize winner will receive a seven-day, six night trip to the island of Kauai, Hawaii for him/herself and one (1) guest. Prize trip consists of round trip economy class air transportation for winner and a guest between the nearest airport (as determined by Sponsor) to the winner’s home and Kauai, Hawaii; 6 nights double occupancy hotel accommodation (single room / double occupancy); car service transfers between the airport and the hotel on Kauai; and $1,000 in spending money. Approximate retail value of each prize is $5,000 and of all prizes approximately $25,000.
Prize winners must commence travel within one year of the Administrator’s receipt of the signed Affidavits. If a winner is unable to travel within this time frame the prize will be forfeited and no compensation will be provided. The scheduling of the trip is subject to availability and blackout dates. If a winner lives on the island of Kauai, ground transportation will be provided instead of air transportation. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, baggage fees, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses or incidentals are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Travel companions must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of departure (or be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian as the prize winner) and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the prize winner. Travel companion also will be required to sign a release before going on the trip. No warranty or guarantee will be given by Sponsor with respect to the prize. Any and all guarantees and warranties are subject to the manufacturer’s or service provider’s terms and conditions, if and as applicable, and the prize winner agrees to look solely to such entity(ies) for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment or transfer of prize permitted, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, related to a prize are the responsibility of the individual prize winner. Sponsor is not responsible if the scheduled activity is changed, canceled or postponed or date or location for the scheduled activity is changed. Selection of travel dates/hotel/airline/seating is made by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Second Chance Drawing Winners:(if necessary) On or about January 7, 2017, Sponsor will select one (1) entry for each unclaimed prize in a random drawing of all valid second chance entries received. Sponsor will contact the selected entrants on or about January 8, 2017 using the email address and/or phone number provided with the entry. If contact with a selected entrant has not been made following three attempts by Sponsor to make such contact, such selected entrant will be disqualified and Administrator will select an alternate winner in the same manner. Selected entrants may be awarded the prize subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize in the second chance drawing depend on the number of unclaimed prizes and the number of eligible second chance entries received.
- Entry Conditions and Release:Each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities and any other person and organization responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, boards of managers, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons or property, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation or submission of an entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance, possession, attendance at, defect in, delivery of, inability to use, use or misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of any entry. Winner acknowledges that all prizes are awarded as-is without warranty of any kind.
- Publicity:Except where prohibited or restricted by law, a prize winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner’s agreement and consent for Sponsor and any of its designees to use and/or publish the winner’s full name, city and state of residence, photographs or other likenesses, pictures, portraits, video, voice, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by the winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of Sponsor, in any and all forms of media now known or hereafter devised and including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review or approval.
- General Conditions:The Released Parties shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate these Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human, technical or other reason or error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming a prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond their reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, accepting, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or with any Website promoting the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes multiple times through the use of multiple email addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Sweepstakes, including the entire Sweepstakes, and/or modify the Sweepstakes and/or award the prize(s) from all eligible entries received as of the termination date.
- Limitations of Liability:The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (d) technical or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of registrations; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry has been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is the ability to submit another entry in the Sweepstakes so long as such new entry is received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded for any reason.
- Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Virginia State Court located in Norfolk, Virginia; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of an entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Sweepstakes Results:For names of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (which must be postmarked on or before February 1, 2017) to: Winner List, Kauai Coffee "$25,000 Island Adventure" Instant Win Game Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 615, Southport, CT 06890.